Over the past two days, 19 Bartlesville FFA members experienced the 96th Annual Oklahoma FFA State Convention in Tulsa, OK. The chapter and its members were recognized several times on stage for their achievements.
The chapter was recognized for:
- National Chapter Award — 3 Star Gold Emblem Chapter
- Model of Excellence Chapter — Top 5 Oklahoma FFA Chapter out of 364 FFA chapters
- Premier Chapter: Building Communities — Top 5 Oklahoma FFA Chapter out of 364 FFA chapters
- Oklahoma FFA Hunger Challenge — Chapter Contributor
- Oklahoma FFA Foundation Trust — Chapter Contributor
Several of its members were recognized:
- State FFA Degrees for Matt Fries, Adysen Grindle, Josh Heuertz, and Ragen Hodge, which are the first in the chapter’s brief history.
- Ragen Hodge and Matt Fries were recognized for Academic Excellence as being among the top 79 in terms of academic achievement out of 737 State FFA Degree recipients, with Ragen having the highest academic achievement among all of the State FFA Degree recipients.
“Excellent job to all the FFA members who contributed to our chapter's success this year,” said Marty Jones, Bartlesville Agricultural Education Instructor and FFA Advisor. “Thank you to all the parents, administrators, community members, and stakeholders who make this possible.”